Bridge Open Work Permit Canada

Bridge Open Work Permit

The bridging open work permit (BOWP) allows for a foreigner to work in Canada while their application for permanent residence is being processed.

The following parameters must be met for a BOWP:
​-The foreign national is currently in Canada
-They must have valid status on a work permit that is due to expire within four months
-They are the principal applicant on an application for permanent residence under the FSWP, the CEC, the PNP or the FSTP
-They received a positive eligibility assessment on his or her application
-They have made an application for an open work permit.