Visiting Canada & the Immigration Laws

Visiting Canada

Canadian Temporary Resident Visas (Visitor Visas) and eTA (Electronic Travel Authorization)

Canada gladly receives more than 35 million temporary residents (non-immigrants) every year. All those who wish to enter Canada as a visitor require permission, and it is necessary to hold either a Temporary Resident Visa (TRV) or an eTA (Electronic Travel Authorization) unless they Canadian citizens, permanent residents or are US Citizens.

The following people require either a Visitors Visa or an eTA:
-Temporary foreign workers (individuals with work permits)
-International students (individuals on study permits)
-Business Visitors